Students will use previously learned techniques to complete a lengthy tutorial.
Today you will create this:
In order to create this composition, you will need to know how to do the following techniques:
- Cropping a picture using the PEN tool
- Changing the color of a selection using the HUE / SATURATION tool
- Stroking paths with different brushes (adjusting the brush properties)
You will also learn a few new techniques today. Consider this a REVIEW for your FINAL exam!
Step #1: Download the following pictures below
Step #2: Create a new composition and background
- 500 x 647 pixels
- 300 DPI
- Use the GRADIENT tool with the following colors (Foreground: #ceed12, Background: #186600)
- Use the tool to create a background that looks like what you see below
Step 3: Put the Bottle in the composition AS A NEW LAYER and adjust the size, use Free Transform to turn it.
Step 4: Cut out the Bottle using the PEN tool or MARQUEE TOOL.
Step 5: Use the HUE/SATURATION tool to change the color of the bottle to match the background!
Step 6: Bring the LEAVES into the composition using the same way that you brought in the bottle and cut them out, placing them around the bottle as shown below:
Step 6: Adding Elipses (circles) that glow
- Use the ELLIPSE tool (from Shape Paths) to create the ELIPSE in the example.
- Remember, if you are using a SHAPE paths tool, make sure you select the PATH setting!
Step 7: Stroke the path ON A NEW LAYER!!!!
Step 8: Right click on the layer and adjust the blending options
Step 9: Copy the layers and transform layer so that it looks like this:
Step 10: Make other strokes like below (USE OTHER BRUSHES!) and adjust the blending properties
Step 11: Add a NEW layer called "BUBBLES"
Add the "Bubbles" using the following brush settings:
Brush Tip Settings
WANT THE SPLASH? Check out this tutorial: