1. Learn about Color Schemes and Color Theory
2. Create Color Swatches for Analagous, Complimentary and Triadic Color Schemes
1. Warm up
2. Color Swatches Tutorial
3. Gradient Mapping
Look at the following pictures by clicking on the link. For each, tell me:
(1) What color scheme does this represent?
(2) What colors are being represented in this color scheme?
How to Make Color Swatches (Create 2 of them!)
1. Open up your version of the RYB color wheel.
2. Choose a BASE color from the color wheel.
3. Locate 2 Analagous sets, 1 Complimentary, and 1 Triadic Set of colors.
4. Use the Shape tool to create your swatches.
5. Label Your Swatches
6. Save as "hue-color-swatches-ACT"
7. Publish to your blog.
8. Repeat Steps 1-8 with a different hue.
Using Gradient Mappings to Adjust Color Schemes of Pictures
Image > Adjustments > Gradient Maps