By the end of today's sessions students will:
1. Be assessed their first notebook check.
2. Ketchup day -- Finish all required assignments and receive credit
3. Identify balance and symmetry by analyzing the layouts of many print ads.
1. Digital Zen
2. The 411
3. Notebook Check
4. Finish Page 10 (Typeface Mini Project)
Please answer the following questions. Make sure you write in complete sentences!!!!
1. Do you have a DEVIANT ART account? If not, sign up for one now http://www.deviantart.com (hopefully we're not blocked up again!)
2. What is tracking?
3. Describe the tracking in the ad below. What emotions/mood does it envoke?
4. How many fonts can you count on the ad?
5. What type of font is the ad using?
6. How many fonts are there?
7. What is the alignment of this font?
8. What do you think this font is all about?
9. Recreate this poster exactly on photoshop, except use a different font that would evoke a different emotion. (472 pixels x 544 pixels, 100 dpi). Save as JPEG with Medium quality. Post your creation on your blog.