By the end of today's sessions students will:
1. Identify Balance and Imbalance in a print composition.
2. Create Balance and Imbalance in a print composition.
1. Digital Zen
2. Balance in Composition Activity (continued)
3. Finish Balance posters (2 Balanced - Symmetrical, 2 Imbalanced - Asymmetrical)
3. Basic CS3 Skills: Selection// Using the Marquee Tool
1. Crop the person out of the following pictures and Save.
Balance in Composition Exercise #2: ASYMMETRICAL BALANCE
In Photoshop, create a document with any dimensions, but at 200DPI.
In this Composition, you must create 2 ASYMMETRICALLY BALANCED layouts for the following objects on your COMPOSITION. (1 for each candidate)
Save Composition #1 as "PX-last-first-date-ASymmetrical1.psd" AND as a jpeg.
Save Composition #2 as "PX-last-first-date-ASymmetrical2.psd" AND as a jpeg.
Use the same elements as before, however make sure that your balance is ASYMMETRICAL. Change the sizes of the pictures or text as needed. Try to achieve tension and change of mood in the composition.
In your composition include:
- A LARGER HEADING
- THE CROPPED OUT PICTURE OF THE CANDIDATE AND HIS RUNNING MATE
- A SMALLER SUBTEXT
- A BULLET LIST OF WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR HIM