By the end of today's sessions students will:
1. Ketchup day -- Finish all required assignments and receive credit
2. Discuss typefaces and their effect on human culture by viewing a portion of HELVETICA.
3. Explore and Analyze balance and layout by identifying different types of balance in print ads.
1. Digital Zen
2. The 411
3. Helvetica (30 minutes)
5. Balance and Layout (notes)
Please answer the following questions. Make sure you write in complete sentences!!!!
1. Go to wikipedia.org in 2 Windows so you can see them side-by-side. In one window, search for "ARIAL," and in the other window, search for "HELVETICA."
2. Compare the fonts, are they the same or different? Describe them using the typeface vocabulary we learned so far. When were these fonts created? Who created them? (How old are these fonts?)
3. Put a copy of each picture on your blog.
4. Where have you seen these fonts before?
5. As a graphic designer, what kinds of compositions do you see yourself using these fonts?